Baby Bamboo Wooden spoon and Fork$14.80
The idea of using a wooden plate and bowls seems unconventional at first, but the benefits of bamboo tableware for infants are many.
In the past, most people relied on plastic tableware for their babies as unlike glass, plastic cannot shatter and injure a child.
But today, we know that plastic isn't safe either for the environment or for babies. Plastic contains the chemical BPA, which has been shown to disrupt endocrine function, potentially leading to a lifetime of chronic illness.
Our bamboo tableware, on the other hand, has all of the shatter-free resilience of plastic, but without the risks: Bamboo, which grows over a meter per day, is both one of the most sustainable materials on Earth and completely organic and chemical-free, meaning that no harmful additives will leech into your child's food when he or she eats off our bamboo plates and bowls (using the equally safe and biodegradable silicone spoons and forks provided).
Bamboo helps to combat climate change through removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere (it produces 30% more oxygen than a comparable forest) and it is even capable of removing toxins from the surrounding soil and water systems, so our bamboo tableware is a purchase that both you and your baby can feel good about.
And the best part? Our bamboo tableware is:
- Comes with - 1 x spoon and 1 x fork
- The perfect size for your baby's small hands;
- Durable, lightweight, and easy to care for—
- Only hand wash
- Thoroughly polished to be resistant to staining, and it won't soak up odours or tastes;
- Made from carbonized bamboo and treated with food safe oil—no formaldehyde, no phthalates, no BPA;
- Fully FDA tested and approved;
- Recyclable and biodegradable;
- No mess, no fuss—our bamboo tableware comes equipped with silicone suction cups so that your baby can't push or throw his or her plate or bowl around.
There's just one catch—you should never microwave our wooden bowls and plates. Warm your baby's food using a safe glass vessel instead.